¿What is ICC?
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is a world corporate organization founded in 1919 gathering and representing over six and a half million companies, chambers of commerce and business associations in over 130 countries.
Its objective is to promote trade, international investment, as well as the policies and measures aimed at facilitating the international operation of the companies.
CCI acts as a forum, an advisory agency and organization that has influence through proposals and statements before the relevant and specialized instances at a world level, such as the United Nations, the World Trade Organization (WTO), the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the World Bank, and G20 among others.
This way, it allows companies and other organizations to check and better understand the nature and meaning of the changes in the world economy. It keeps close relations with other international organizations as an advisory agency before organizations such as the United Nations, the WTO, the World Intellectual Property Organization, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank, where it talks to the world about the corporate vision and advocates for its interests. It also makes proposals before G20 through the prime minister of the summoning government, besides being close to the European Union and its agencies.
It generates proposals and statements before the States authorities, fixes positions based on the work done by the various commissions and work groups, through its National Committees and documents and disseminates the companies' best practices.
Get to know all the information related to the International Chamber of Commerce.
On June 15th, 2016 Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal was unanimously elected. He is the founder and chair of Bharti Enterprises. He was elected chair of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) within the framework of the ICC World Council Meeting held in São Paulo, Brazil.
Bharti Enterprises is a global company with coverage in the follwoing fields: telecommunications, insurance, real estate, hospitality, financial services, agricultural products, food production, and renewable energies, among others. Bharti Airtel, the flag company of the group, is the third biggest telecommunication company globally due to its consumer base. It offers solutions in cell telephony, fixed broadband and digital television to over 350 million customers throughout India, South Asia and Africa.
Mittal, who is part of the Prime Minister Counsil in India, within the framework of Industry and Commerce, has stated the following: "In a time when the global economy is being faced with unprecedented challenges, I hereby would like to state my commitment to guarantee that the ICC plays a key role as the voice of all companies in formulating policies that will give support to inclusive growth. It is an honor for me to be the 51st chair of the ICC and I look forward to working with the ICC global network actively, around the world".
There is a pressing need to restore trade and investment as the engines for growth and creation of jobs, especially in emerging economies that are being impacted by the raw material and agricultural products markets slowdown. This will be the main approach of my term as the chair of the World Corporate Organization.Sunil Bharti Mittal, founder and chair of Bharti Enterprises and chair of ICC
Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá represents International Chamber of Commerce in our country and it is chair of the ICC National Committee in Colombia. It is the voice of Colombian Entrepreneurs around the world.
ICC Colombia has been organized in 9 specialized commissions whose job it is to study, analyze, discuss or propose changes or suggestions to the regulations that may have an impact on global business practices; generate concepts and positions due to the proposals made by international agencies on this topic and propose and implement studies and projects to favor commercial exchange.
• Executive Committee. It is the highest decision making instance in ICC Colombia.
• ICC Colombia Commissions. These are specialized forums to participate in ICC Colombia. They study, analyze and submit, to the consideration of the Executive Committee, recommendations and rules that will contribute to facilitate trade and investment in the target areas of the ICC.
Experts who are well - known in the field and who are endorsed by the chair of the Commission and voluntarily do their job with an honorary title integrate them.
ICC Colombia has the following nine Commissions:
1. Arbitration Commission. It is a forum to share ideas regarding international arbitration and other forums to solve any disputes.
2. Intellectual property. It promotes efficient intellectual property (IP) systems that support international trade, favor investing in creation and innovation and facilitate sustainable economic growth.
3. Commercial law and practices. Lays down the universal corporate standards for international transactions and offers the world corporate collective point of view about business regulations as developed by intergovernmental organizations.
4. Corporate responsibility and anti-corruption. Develops recommendations from a global corporate perspective regarding policies as well as practical tools in the area of corporate responsibility and fight against corruption.
5. The environment and energy. Prepares recommendations regarding policies and tools oriented to global environmental and energy related issues such as climate change, green economy or sustainable growth, and contributes consumables for intergovernmental negotiations.
6. Digital economy. It promotes global growth for digital economies and stable growth of its underlying information technology and communication platform (ITC), through leadership in the policies of the private sector, it also defends regulation and promotion of the best practices.
7. Trade and investment policy. It promotes the companies'cross-border trade and investment as well as a global and open economy that will drive job creation, sustainable growth and an improvement in the level of life.
8. Customs and trade facilitation. It promotes simplified policies and procedures within the realms of customs and transportation, as well as other measures that facilitate international trade.
9. Marketing and advertising. It promotes high ethical standards in marketing through corporate self - regulation by means of international ICC marketing codes, and formulates the global international positions and initiatives to address any government measures that may have an impact on marketing and consumer protection.
• Secretary General. An instance that coordinates all articulated work of the various instances at ICC Colombia.
The International Chamber of Commerce is a world corporate organization founded in 1919 gathering and representing over six and a half million companies, chambers of commerce and business associations in over 130 countries.
Sunil Bharti Mittal, who is the founder and chair of Bharti Enterprises, chairs it.
Belong to ICC Colombia National Committee through the various commissions allows the business people to:
- Have access and be in touch with actors, organizations and high level companies and have influence at the national and international level to the ICC network with its committees.
- Gain access to information about the evolution of the policies, the legislation and regulations at an early stage as well as the possibility to take part in formulating them through the relevant instances.
- Have acess to state - of- the - art knowledge that will contribute to create value in the companies.
- Gain knowledge, generation and exchange of tools that have an impact in the corporate operation.
- Identifying and promoting exchanging best practices.
- Participate in discussions, give recommendations or issue concepts in areas such as preferential origin regulations, the ATA card; updates or modifications to the international trade rules Incoterms.
- Special prices in publications, courses and conferences.