International Affairs Office (ORI)
We are we?
ORI is the area in the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá responsible for channeling, leading and articulating all international initiatives that will add value to the corporate sector, the region and the CCB.
ORI promotes institutional relations with peers and international agencies in Colombia and abroad. It fosters participation of the agency in international cooperation projects and programs and is also responsible for managing experience exchange and best practices to and from the CCB.
We work on the following lines of action:
- International integration
- Technical and financial cooperation
- Exchanging experiences and best practices
- Special projects
- We promote and disseminate the information on international events that are relevant to the business people in Bogotá and the Region.
- We support having bi-national meetings.
- We look for tighten institutional relations and disseminate commercial opportunities offered by the various countries.
- We have given our support to having bi-national meetings with Paraguay, China, Ecuador, Spain, Guatemala and El Salvador.
- We support receiving international delegations and institutional meetings.
- We strengthen institutional relations and offer a corporate vision of Bogotá and the Region.
- We promote institutional relations.
- By means of specific memorandums of understanding and work schedules we strengthen our service portfolio for our business people, promote trade and coordinate exchanging best practies.
- We are part of institutional and chamber agencies and guilds.
- In order to offer more and better services between affiliations, we have: Asociación Iberoamericana de Cámaras de Comercio (The Iberoamerican Association of Chambers of Commerce) (AICO), EBAN, World Chamber Federation, CIAC, ICC, ASORLAC, among others
AICO is an international non - profit non - government collective and voluntary private organization that associates, gathers and represents the main chambers of commerce, associations, corporations and related agencies, that speak Spanish or Portuguese, from 23 countries in Latin America, the Caribbean, the Iberian Peninsula and Hispanic Communities in the United States.
World Chamber Federation (WCF)
WCF is a forum that has a global network with 12,000 chambers and individual chambers that are building ties in order to be more productive.
It is a platform for the world chambers of commerce leaders to get in touch and help each other on topics of mutual interest.
The Association's main objective is to promote and facilitate exchanging information on the registration systems at each one of the member countries, their roles and responsibilities, their management models, the technologies they use to respond to all registration changes and trends within the international context, in order to become a forum on registry procedures best practices, the liason among the Latin American and the Caribbean Countries and the CRF.
A network of ambassadors
The network of ambassadors has as its goal that to generate a communication channel with the diplomatic corps accredited in Colombia to support their management in the country, through our service portfolio, by generating a contact network that will give added value to the agency's management and thanks to which CCB becomes the leader in corporate support.
- Financial cooperation:
- We participate in tenders to get resources that will contribute to corporate projects.
- Technical cooperation:
- We manage technical advice for specific activities and programs.
- We support having access to scholarships and training activities for the officials.
- Financial cooperation:
- We give advice and support structuring proposals for program transference from and to the entity, through an exclusive technology.
- We give support to performing programs and services transference from and to the entity.
- We identify the best international practices.
- We coordinate institutional missions from and to the entity.
International Chamber of Commerce Committees (ICC):
We act as the General Secretary of the ICC in Colombia from the CCB.
ICC is a world business organization that was founded in 1919. It gathers and represents over 6,5 million companies, chambers of commerce and business associations in over 130 countries. Its objective is that to promote trade, international investment, the policies, regulations and measures aimed at facilitating the companies' international operation. "The ICC is the voice of world business".